Huddle Leader and Student Leader Training
Every Fall and Spring we encourage Huddle Leaders to attend our area training. Unfortunately, busy schedules and conflicts arise and not everyone can attend our training opportunities. So, at this website we hope to encourage you with two resources.
1. Local Training: Contact our office or staff to set up a personal training time in your school!
2. Online Help: FCA resources are available in one place, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can now browse over 1,700+ free FCA resources, share the resources for free with friends via text, email or post to your profile. Find devotional challenges, Bible studies, icebreakers, outreach ideas, videos, podcasts skits, wallpaper, articles, and more! Visit http://www.fcaresources.com/home now! On-line training, social networking, and a discipleship program for athletes and coaches! You can view the site now at http://www.fcacampus101.org/ - enjoy!
What makes a Campus Huddle successful?
You should have a team of adults and students working together. If you are the only adult – recruit a few more! You should have 2-3 students minimum on your leadership team. Then what?
Prayer: Always begin your Leader’s meetings and Huddles with prayer. Prayer is not the last thing we do, it’s the first thing we do!
Prepare: You should have a team that prepares together. Make a commitment to be ALL IN!
Are you all in?
- Are you committed to Jesus Christ?
- Are you committed to your Huddle?
- Are you committed to share with your teammates and peers?
Our leaders should:
1. Seek God’s direction for the Huddle Ministry through personal prayer and Bible study.
2. Demonstrate leadership and live a consistent Christian life that models Jesus to your peers.
3. Complete Student Leader Application and return it to Adult Huddle Leader. (Optional)
4. Use personal gifts and talents to help plan and implement FCA ministry on your campus.
Keep your leadership meetings focused and productive (what are you trying to accomplish?)
When preparing your lesson, ask “What is God doing in your life right now?” What is God teaching you? Make it your lesson…own it. Just repeating someone else’s lesson is okay…but sharing what God is whispering (or shouting) into your life is better.
When praying and preparing for your Huddle lesson, ask:
- What do you believe?
- What are you going to do about it?
- What can you do together?
The last few minutes of your Huddle is crucial! Make sure you “Break the Huddle!” Like football, you huddled up to call a play. What is the play call of your FCA Huddle? There must always be a call to action. The challenge is to believe it, do it, and…DO it together! That is the Huddle!
Make sure your Huddles are Student-Led, or at least student-initiated.
Send me your pictures and stories! I love sharing those on our website, weekly emails, and social media.
- Look at FCA Resources website to creatively promote your Huddle.
- Keep a consistent time for your Huddle meetings and have a plan for bad weather.